Shabbos Roush Choudesh

More
11 Oct 2010 01:17 #1828 by rallisw
Shabbos Roush Choudesh was created by rallisw
We know that before the Arvis Amidoh for Shabbos one says "V'Shomru..", Sholoush Regolim "Vay'daber Moushe...", Roush HaShonoh "Tik-u bashoufor...", and Youm Kippur "Ki V'youm hazeh...". Why is there not a posuk to recite because its Roush Choudesh (for example "Uv'Roushei chodsheichem...")?

Rallis

Minhag Avoseinu Torah Hee!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2010 17:36 #1829 by AKohl
Replied by AKohl on topic Shabbos Roush Choudesh
I note that apart from the exceptional case (perhaps) of Youm Kippur, on all of the occasions other than Roush Choudesh, one says kiddush. (In fact, if I think very hard, I might even be able to remember how each daytime kiddush begins :) .)

AKohl

More
21 Oct 2010 03:34 #1831 by rallisw
Replied by rallisw on topic Shabbos Roush Choudesh
That is good point! However m'ikar hadin, if one says pesukim before the daytime kiddush on Shabbos, one says "Zochour Es Youm HaShabbos" not V'shomru. It was Minhag Tzarfas (Provence) to recite V'Shomru (unless one fails to recite kiddush on Friday night).

Rallis

Minhag Avoseinu Torah Hee!

More
27 Oct 2010 04:09 #1835 by SBS
Replied by SBS on topic Shabbos Roush Choudesh
It would seem that you only recite pesukim if there is an inyan of Kiddush, which there is not on Rosh Chodesh.

Steven

More
03 Dec 2010 17:30 #1846 by Michael
Replied by Michael on topic Shabbos Roush Choudesh
There is a difference between the Kedusho of Shabbos and Yom Tov, and the Kedusho of Rosh Chodesh and Chol Hamoed. Only in a full Kedusho like Shabbos and Yom Tov, we have Kiddush. Only in a full Kedusho like Shabbos and Yom Tov, the Davening in Shmone Esre of Ma'ariv (and Shacharis and Mincho) is completely different, and that is when Psukim are inserted also before Shmone Esre. On Rosh Chodesh the Davening of Shmone Esre is like any other day (besides the addition of Ya'ale Veyovo), and in such a case no Psukim were added beforehand, (and the same applies to Chol Hamoed).

Michael FRBSH